“We” shall mean: The independent practices of Heidi Nolan, Adél Kirsten and Dr Jana Rossouw trading from the premises PRENATAL SCREENING.
‘’POPIA’’ shall mean: The Protection of Personal Information Act 4 of 2013.
‘’You, the patient’’ shall mean: The ‘’Data Subject’’, the person to whom personal information relates.
‘’Personal’’ Information shall mean: Personal information as defined in POPIA.
We are committed to respecting concerns regarding privacy and will process all personal information in alignment with the provisions of the POPIA and any further prevailing legislation.
All personal information furnished collected, whether voluntarily or mandatory, and processed by us regardless of form or medium shall be processed in accordance with the provisions set out hereunder.
We endeavour to collection and process information which has been collected directly from you. We may however receive personal information indirectly from:
- referring doctors/consultants/specialists;
- your Medical Aid Scheme;
- labaroratoy services
In accordance with the provisions of the POPIA, we will process personal information:
- for the purposes for which it was provided;
- in order to carry out actions for the conclusion or performance of a contract to which you are a party;
- in order to comply with obligations imposed by law on the business;
- where the processing protects your legitimate interests;
- where the processing is necessary for the proper performance of a public law duty by the business; or
- where the processing is necessary for pursuing the legitimate interests of the business or of a third party to whom the information is supplied.
We do not intentionally collect personal information from minor children. If you are the parent or guardian and believe your minor child has provided us with personal information without consent, please contact us at the address below to request the deletion thereof.
We will share your personal information:
- in order to comply with applicable law or with legal process served on us;
- in order to protect and defend our rights or property;
- with employees and/or third parties who assist us in providing services to you and thus require your personal information in order to render a proper and efficient service. We will ensure that all such employees and third party service providers, having access to your personal information, comply with POPIA or equivalent legislation; and
- with third parties if you have specifically requested us to do so.
Collection of Information by “Cookies”
We will endeavour to:
- treat your personal information as strictly confidential;
- take appropriate technical and organisational measures to ensure that your personal information is kept secure and is protected against unauthorised or unlawful processing, accidental loss, destruction or damage, alteration, disclosure or access;
- promptly notify you if we become aware of any unauthorised use, disclosure or processing of your personal information; and
- provide you with reasonable evidence of our compliance with our obligations under this policy on reasonable request.
We will not retain your personal information longer than the period for which it was originally required, unless we are required by law to do so, or you consent to us retaining such information for a longer period.
We do not sell the information and will only share same with persons as set out herein.
CLOSED-CIRCUIT TELEVISION (CCTV)
CCTV images are processed, monitored and recorded for security as well as crime detection and fighting purposes.
We may transfer your information outside South African borders for retention purposes and/or if our service provider/s are cross border or uses cross boarder systems. We will only share your information with service providers who have comparable privacy policies in place.
You have the right at any time to:
- access your personal data by sending a written request to our Information Officer who’s contact details are set out below.
- request us to correct or supplement any of your personal data which we will undertake as soon as practicable.
- request the return or destruction of personal information. We will consider your request in light of any other laws or regulations prohibiting us from destroying your personal data; and
- lodge a complaint with us.
In order to comply with any request received, we may require proof of identity.
We may update this privacy notice from time to time in order to reflect, for example, changes to our practices or for other operational, legal, or regulatory reasons.
In compliance with the provisions of the Promotion of Access to Information 2 of 2002 (PAIA), a copy of our manual is available for your perusal at the practice.
For more information about our privacy practices, if you have questions, or if you would like to lodge a complaint, please contact the independent practitioner, in writing, via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Information officer’s contact details
Name: Heidi Nolan, Adél Kirsten and Jana Rossouw (depending on who the independent practitioner was that you have consulted with).
If you are not satisfied with our response to your query, you may approach the following regulatory body for further assistance:
THE INFORMATION REGULATOR (SOUTH AFRICA) SITUATE AT: JD HOUSE, 27 STIEMENS STREET, BRAAMFONTEIN, JOHANNESBURG, 2001.
GENERAL QUERIES: email@example.com